What We DoWe offer a fresh and scalable approach to improving organizational life.
AI Certificate Program
Appreciative Inquiry and the Practice of Positive Change
A comprehensive development program to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to lead, design and facilitate positive change in organizations and communities using Appreciative Inquiry.
A certificate is awarded upon completion of four workshops offered by CPC.
- The Power of Appreciative Inquiry: Theory and Practice (formerly known as the Foundations of Appreciative Inquiry) – learn the basic principles and practices of AI and how to apply them for positive results in a wide range of arenas. Plan your own AI initiative.
- Appreciative Leadership Development Program© – enhance your personal capacities for appreciative leadership and coaching.
- One of the following:
- Applications of Appreciative Inquiry – explore the applications of AI from a four hour session to a multi-day initiative, identify key success criteria and acquire tools to achieve success.
- Appreciative Inquiry Summit – learn to apply AI in a large-scale meeting format, plan and design your own AI Summit.
- One of the following electives:
- Appreciative Alchemy: A Spiritual Retreat with Diana Whitney
- Cultivating Strengths with Appreciative Inquiry
- Appreciative Coaching: The Art of Transformation
- Appreciative Lean (Europe)
In addition, participants are expected to carry out Appreciative Inquiry projects during the course of their certificate program, and to share their work and results with other certificate program members. Certificate Program Faculty: Appreciative Inquiry thought leaders Dr. Diana Whitney, Amanda Trosten-Bloom, Ralph Weickel and their Corporation for Positive Change Consulting Partners serve as faculty for the certificate program.
- Self-paced program, with a pragmatic, practitioner-oriented focus.
- Complimentary copies of three leading Appreciative Inquiry (AI) texts:
- Appreciative Team Building (upon registration).
- The Power of Appreciative Inquiry (with Foundations of AI workshop).
- Appreciative Leadership (with the Appreciative Leadership Development Program©).
This Program is approved to offer coaches Continuing Coach Education credits (CCE) towards renewal of their certification in the International Coach Federation.
To register for the Certificate Program call (919) 651-1439 or contact us via email.
Testimonials from our Graduates:
“CPC’s Certificate Program materials and trainers are outstanding, and what I’ve learned has helped mold me into the unique individual and consultant that I am. Just as important, my involvement with CPC and the Certificate Program has allowed me to extend my community of practice. I now feel grounded in a community of like-minded souls.”
Bill Scott, Principle
“Appreciative Inquiry and the Practice of Positive Change has been most rewarding. We would not have been able to help our organization to the extent we have, had we not been part of this community, and able to regularly check in and ask specific, practice-based questions along the way.”
Julie Stockton, Director, Human Resources
Organization Development and Learning
University of British Columbia
In Praise of the Coaching Calls:
“The certificate program conference call adds another layer of learning to my practice of Appreciative Inquiry. I enjoy digging deeper into my own questions, and hearing more about how AI can be applied in venues differing from my own stimulates me to imagine how I might apply it in the future. It is like having a mini practice consultation, but free! Very good use of my time.”
Chris Sansone, CPCC, Ph.D.
“The Certificate Program’s quarterly practice-sharing calls provide a venue for us to reflect on and offer counsel on one another’s projects, find courage in the shared wisdom of others, and broaden and deepen our understanding of this marvellous work. There is no need for each of us to “reinvent the wheel” – the shared experiences of the growing AI community, under the watchful and encouraging eye of CPC mentors, provides us all an opportunity to enhance our AI knowledge and consultation skills together.”
Paul S. Nahirney, MSW, CFRE